Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day +8

I am feeling a little better today. I have been battling fevers off and on the last several days, and had another one this morning. There is no sign of infection so far. They take blood cultures daily to monitor for infection. The fever may be a result of the stem cell activity.

I remain very tired, and I think I was only awake for a total of two hours. A big part of that is the drugs they have me on to manage my pain. I have been receiving IV Fentanyl and Ativan. Last night I slept like a baby.

Here are today's counts:

W=0.3
H=8.8
P=9

It is good to see the WBC go up a little, but the doctor said that small change is only significant if it is part of an upward trend. I did receive more platelets today as well.

All in all I am hanging in here. I sleep as much as possible and hope that the days go by quickly.
Thanks for posts and the cards, they are great pick-me-ups.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you and Megan need to get your stories straight on what 'sleeping like a baby' REALLY means. Staci and I are generally better rested when we DON'T sleep like babies (or at least like our babies). Rest up, keep fighting, and know that we are all with you (the vast majority in spirit).

Anonymous said...

Good to "see" you back again. I'm glad that you're feeling a little better. Hopefully you'll be rested enough to see UM take on Iowa today in Big Ten b-ball action!

Anonymous said...

I just saw the recent pictures of you, Megan and Ethan. Ethan looks like a real cutie! Sounds like tough treatment, but know that you are a tough receipient! Tammy Ranck

Anonymous said...

Good thing being tough has always been the 'Matt Uday-way.' Keep doin' good. Also - WAY TO GO Megan! You too are doing great. Em and I love you guys and we are so pleased to see you fighting this cancer so hard. We are definitely lookign forward to seeing your return to good health.

-Andy

Anonymous said...

Matt,

I can't believe I just learned about your fight. Knowing that optimism and positivity are contributing factors in health and wellness, you are well equipped. You are amazing, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!

FLH,
Kinney