Saturday, March 28, 2009

Round 2, Day -3

I received my third and final day of chemo today. This should be the very last day of chemo! I am feeling good. A little mild nausea set in this afternoon, and I am tired. My counts remain strong and are listed below.

Day -5
W=2.2
H=9
p=378

Day -4
W=6.3
H=8.8
P=290

Day -3
W=6
H=8
P=330

The next two days are my rest days, and then I will receive my stem cells on Tuesday. Then from there my blood counts will crash again, and I will catch up on my sleep for several days. It is a lot easier knowing what to expect, and knowing that treatment is working.

Megan headed home to Toledo to be with Ethan this weekend, and he was beyond happy to see her. I spoke to him on the phone, and he chattered back at me. It was great to hear him and know that he is well cared for by his grandparents and great-grandmother, whom flew up from FL to help with Ethan.

My parents, Kristin, Jack, and their baby Cale came down for the weekend. It was nice to have them all here visiting today. I had not seen Cale since Christmas, and he is getting big.

I am doing well, in a very comfortable room with good care from the nurses here. I know in a few days I will crash again and it will be hell for a few days, but it is easier knowing what to expect this time. I will try to keep you all updated as long as I can before Megan has to take over again. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes, we are almost there!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do this, Matt~ Everyone here is praying for you. Love you all.
Amy and family

Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. Matt,

We'll all be thinking of you. Hope you are able to watch the basketball games. It is snowing here right now as I write this(yuk). Just hang in there!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hi Muday!
Hang in there - your strength is an inspiration to all! Sending positive thoughts and energy your way for this next rough patch.
Love,
Erica

Anonymous said...

Matt/Megan - Just saw some great pictures of you three today. You know you are in all my prayers.

Hugs and then some from Toni

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt,

I'm thinking of you often. Your progress sounds great - keep up the inspiring work. Its a great time to be confined to bed with all the basketball on. Are we allowed to route for the Spartans? Go Big Ten? :)
xoxo
Dana