Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day +6

Megan here again. Matt continues to be completely exhausted. He has been battling a 100+ fever since late yesterday and hardly slept last night. The doctors ran a culture on Matt's blood, to make sure he doesn't have a bacterial infection. So far, there are no signs of bacteria in the culture. Matt's sister, Kristin, explained that depending on the type of bacteria they are looking for, results may not be in for 24 to 48 hours. Apparently, a fever is pretty common. His body is just working so hard to create new cells. I'll have to remember to post the exact numbers when I'm back at the hospital, but I know his WBC count is 0.2.

Mail call finally caught up to Matt and we are completely overwhelmed with the number of cards we have received! Your thoughts, prayers and words of support are AMAZING! Thank you so much!

5 comments:

lynn d. said...

Stay strong Dr. Matt. You WILL feel better soon...we're praying and thinking of you all. Lynn

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan and Dr. Matt,

Thanks for the update. Hang in there, ( that includes both of you). And yes the cards and prayers will keep on coming. The cards are only a fraction of the prayers that are being said for Dr. Matt's recovery!

Jackle

Dark Toaster said...

Let's see... I believe in the words of Grandpa Stanley and don't quote me on this. I think it's safe to say: "Give her Hell Kathy...er Matt." and of course "her" would be referring to the cancer. I know you can beat this.

www.katfoleyphoto.com said...

KEEP ON KEEPING ON.. to quote the bradys.

you are incredible!

Anonymous said...

Love you Megan and Matt! Hugs and Kisses to everyone.
Amy