Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day -3

It is about 10 minutes after 6 on Sunday night. I am hooked up to Etoposide right now, and am still feeling good. My hiccups have returned, but are still just a nuisance that are easily bearable. I rode the exercise bike for 30 minutes this morning and for 15 minutes this evening. My blood counts are down. They are still in the normal range, but greatly reduced from the previous couple of days. Below are the numbers.

W=8.8
H=9.4
P=46

This drop is attributed mainly to no longer taking the Neupogen, but the chemo may also be contributing as well. They will continue to drop over the next few days until I get the stem cell infusion on Wednesday to boost them back up.

I spent the day watching basketball. It was good to see the Pistons beat the Celtics. Unfortunately the Wolverines could not pull it out against the Badgers, but they kept it close. I am now watching the end of the Lakers v. Suns game (Kobe v. Shaq). It has been an exciting game, and it looks like the Suns are going to pull it out; 118 -111.

Not much to report here. I am still hanging in here, determined to beat this. I am feeling quite well, but we'll see what the week brings. Please keep the posts and emails coming, they are a great source of strength for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your updates. You might have a future as a professor as we feel like we are learning so much about cancer treatment. We talked to Megan tonight and she sounds good. The pictures of Ethan are precious, thanks for including those as well. We think about you and Megan and Ethan often and have already enlisted in your "army". Love and strength to you!
Andy and Kate

Anonymous said...

Matt,

Thanks for the updates. Heidi and I enjoy keeping up on how you are doing. Keep up the positive attitude. We have no doubt you will win this "game". You are always in our thoughts.

Todd and Heidi Jensen

Cara said...

Hey Matt,

Cute pictures of Ethan. I can't believe how big he's getting! The English teacher in me wants to tell you that you've done a great job of explaining your treatment to the average joe/jane. It is probably overwhelming to hear all of the jargon, but you've done an excellent job clarifying things. A+!

Cara and Nick

ebooker said...

Hey buddy,
You look great, I like the bald look and your weight and color look good, I can see that you are strong and feeling good, and that is a cute Ethan, of course, most Ethans are handsome.
Toby

david said...

Hi Matt, Megan, & Ethan, Thank you for keeping us posting on what is going on. We really enjoy the pictures. All of you are in our daily thoughts and prayers Uncle David and Aunt Jackie