Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Round 2, Day +14

I am finally going home today!! My counts continue to climb and I am feeling pretty good.

W=11.8
H=7.9
P=72

I am still experiencing some of the side-effects of the treatment, but I basically told the nurse to write me some scripts and I will deal with it at home. I am receiving IV Magnesium, and once that is done in 4 hours I will be out of here.

I will have a home nurse coming for a while to give me IV Mag until my counts are up, otherwise my orders are to rest at home until I return for my one month checkup in May.

Thank you all for your prayers, cards, posts, and kind words. They worked! Once we are home we will take a short hiatus for the blog because we still will not have internet hooked up until next week. Talk to you then.

9 comments:

Joe C. said...

Matt, What's the Mg for? I don't recall reading about you getting that before....

Congrats on going home! You haven't even had a chance to finish unpacking yet, have you?

Jamie said...

At last the day is came.

Travel safely home and enjoy it! You're courage and positivity has paid off! I'm not sure how you should best celebrate but whatever is permitted and at the same time pleasurable, I say you've earned it.

Nicely done, doc. Nicely done. Many congratulations.
L, Jamie + Emily

Wendy M. said...

Hooray! "Home Sweet Home" probably never seemed so sweet! Rest up and update us on everything when you get a chance.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Matt; welcome home!
The Kelseys

Cara said...

Yay! Hope you had safe travels through the Heartland :) Great news!

I am curious what the Mg is for as well, as I've taken Mg supplements for migraines and wonder what the effect is supposed to be?

Enjoy the "new" condo and spending time with your fam!

Cara & Nick

Sarah Martin said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're all on your way home. I'm sorry that we couldn't get together while you were in Indy...maybe we can do something in May when you're back for your checkup. Take care and enjoy the spring weather!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

So relieved!

MEL

Kay said...

Matt, I'm so thrilled that you will be home and with your family. Relax and enjoy and give my best to all! Kay Nevar

Erin said...

Praise God! What a report! An absolute new beginning! You are able to have visitors when you're home, right? Would love to visit when it is convenient for you and your family.

Love and blessings!
Erin