Friday, April 10, 2009

Round 2; Day+10

The last two days have taken a down turn, eventhough my counts have begun to rise nicely. Here are my last two days of counts.

Day +9
W=1.0
H=8.6
P=15

Day +10
W=2.0
H=8.4
P=17

So this is when I should be starting to feel better, however I am still on a continuous IV
Fentanyl drip. I also continue to get IV Ativan. With those drugs I feel pretty comfortable, but I have had much more GI upset, nausea, and vomiting. I think it's paybacks for the symptoms
I didn't in the early rounds. Thankfully they should resolve as my counts continue to rise.

I hope this post makes some since because I am very groggy right now. Thanks for all of your support. I have to go now and fall asleep

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt, last Saturday I read your postings for the first time, starting at the beginning. I'm truly at a loss for words. You're an amazing writer, and I know all your GI teachers who had a hand in your training and development must be so proud of you!

To have chronicled this ordeal as you have, with such openness, candor, humility and faith, is very awe inspiring. I'm sure I'm not the first person to suggest that you write a book. There's no doubt your experiences would help countless others who will travel roads similar to yours.

Know that from the first moment we heard about this, you have been and will continue to be in our prayers every single day. You and your parents are in our thoughts so often. We just know that your strong, positive outlook and outstanding staff of physicians will bring you through this.

I now wait impatiently each day for your (or Megan's) updates. We are so sorry to hear that this phase of treatment has been bothersome and uncomfortable for you. Hopefully each day will bring improvements in counts and how you feel.

Fondly,
Sharon and Dallas Kelsey

Unknown said...

What a nice reply by Sharon and Dallas.

I played at an Easter service today and said a special prayer for your quick recovery.

Happy Easter.

-Seiji