Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Round 2, Day +1

Well I continue to feel well. I can't say eveything is perfect, but much better than the last round. I still have an appetite, but try as I might I continue to lose weight. In the last round I lost 25-30 pounds. I worked to gain nearly 10 of that back during the week home, but I have now lost another 8 pounds. I think I am at a healthier weight than I was before, but this is one helluva way to lose weight.

The heavy fatigue has not yet set in. I believe that can be attributed to my blood counts staying up much better this time. Here are today's numbers.

W=3.1
H=8.2
P=167

This is significantly higher than they were the last round at this time. I am not sure why that is the case. There are a couple of theories. One is that the neupogen and cell harvesting was taxing on the immune system and led to a more dramatic response to the chemo. Another is that I have a lower level of disease at this point, which may be less taxing on the body. Others feel that the body just handles the second round better. I hope to get a better understanding on Monday when I see Dr. Einhorn.

Whatever the reason, it feels good to feel good!

Unfortunately Megan and my mother remain sick and unable to visit me. I know they are both very frustrated that they cannot be here to support and look after me, but I know they are here in spirit. Soon enough we will all be healthy and headed home.

2 comments:

lynn d. said...

Many of us are there in spirit!

tedheadfred said...

You're awesome! We're with you!