Well I am feeling much better and my blood counts are up! W=13.4 H=8.1 P=58.
The best news of all is that my HCG has dropped t0 7.0!!!! I am narrowing on normal HCG levels of 0-3.
I am still in the hospital and will remain here until the GI upset and vomiting subside. However, I told them I intend to go home tomorrow.
After that we will have 4 weeks at home recuperating. Dr. Einhorn said I would begin to regain my strength in about a week. Then I will be back for a one month check up on May 11. He will then put me on VP16 (a low dose oral chemo) f0r a few months. I will be able t0 work since the symptoms are mild. I will lose my hair (too late for that) and my white cells will fluctuate. I will have to have my blood drawn twice a week to follow that.
So lots of good news today, and hopefully more tomorrow when I am discharged.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
hi matt,
thought about you yesterday and was hoping you were spending easter at home. i'm glad to hear you are feeling better now and will soon be home. hopefully, you're in route as i type this.
see you soon.
-karen
Aloha Dr. Matt,
One guess who this might be. Gary brought the lap top with us to Hawaii, so I thought I drop you a note. Maui is as beautiful as everyone said it was. Have been busy taking in some sights before the big day. Pre-wedding party tonight. Your news is GREAT!! Single digit counts!!! Hope the positive results keep on coming. Hope you get to go home soon. Take care and will probably check in from time to time to see how things are going. The wonders of modern technology. I know once you're home, the updates will be less. I don't know the word for good bye in Hawaiian. So bye for now!
Jackie
Matt -- Great news about your numbers and your discharge. Things always are better in your own place among your own things, aren't they? Your doc seems to recognize the therapeutic value. I am so glad to hear that you will be recuperating at home.
e-hugs to all,
Toni
Dr.Matt,
Great news on the HCG levels!! We are so happy to hear your good news. We will continue to pray for your GI upset. Just think you will be at home soon with your family.
Mark and Theresa McCarthy
Yeah!! I was so excited to hear about your progress today. Keep up your spirit...you are a fighter! I hope that your symptoms subside and you are able to relax a little at home.
Take care,
Megan
Great News! Keep up the good work! Sounds like you will be enjoying the comforts of home before even reading this :)) Bless you & your family,
Julie T.
Hi Matt & Megan,
Glad to hear that your feeling better. Just wanted to let you know that we enjoyed seeing Ethan and his grandparents on Easter. He sure is cute and is getting big. We had a great time with lots of food and a egg hunt. Thankfully the weather co-operated. Keep up the good work and hope you get back home soon.
Love,
Uncle Bill & Aunt Cheryl
Post a Comment