Megan's back! I'm feeling 100% and am back in Indy with Matt. I missed him terribly this past week that I've been sick and it eases my mind to be back by his bedside. And, I'm back to missing Ethan! Though,I know he is being plenty spoiled and taken good care of by his grandparents and great grandma in Toledo.
To catch you up on Matt's counts:
Day +2
W 0.6
H 8.6
P 110K
Day +3
W 0.5
H 8.4
P 43K
Day +4
W 0.4
H 8.0
P 15
Day +5
W 0.5
H 7.0
P 11
As we have seen through his whole treatment, Matt just doesn't follow the norm. Dr. Einhorn said that the side effects from the chemo would be less this second round, but that hasn't been the case. Matt is dealing with a lot more nausea and has thrown up a few times. We are trying to keep him hydrated with Powerade, fruit Breezes and orange slushies (which I have become quite adept at making).
He is scheduled to receive two units of red cells and one unit of platelets this afternoon, as his counts have dipped quite a bit. This will stop the nosebleeding he has had the past few days.
We are going to have to buy Matt some new clothes after these last two rounds of chemo! At my last count, he has lost 30 lbs.
As always, your thoughts, prayers, cards, posts and emails help immensely! It is very comforting to Matt (who has been so isolated through treatment) and to me that you are thinking about us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dear Matt and Megan,
Thanks for the updates, even the ones that are not so cheery. We are all thinking and praying for you, both. Even though this time was supposed to be easier, really for the most part he has done quite well, in fact he has done exceptionally well considering everything. Hopefully soon this will pass and the cancer will be defeated! Thanks also for the
Ethan pictures, what a cutie! Hang in there!
Jackie
I hope Matt gets enough sleep during the day today so that he's able to watch MSU play tonight. The D has been crazy this weekend with Final Four festivities. And the throwing up needs to stop! Matt'll be doing enough of that this fall when UM's football season starts up again...
I don't think I've mentioned this before, but Ethan is adorable. That age is so fun!
hey megan,
glad to hear you are feeling better. hopefully, matt will soon be feeling better, too.
always thinking of you and wishing matt a speedy recovery.
-karen
Matt and Megan - Sending e-hugs your way! It is snowing (!!!!) here today. Maybe it is Michigan's way of messing with those guys from North Carolina.
All good wishes for you all.
Toni
Post a Comment