Well I has been a day of improvement! I am feeling better, and my counts are up.
W=0.6
H=8.6
p=17
It looks like the stem cells have begun engraftment, and numbers should continue climb over the next couple of days. I am still on a continuous IV drip of Fentnyl, and and IV push of Ativan Every 3 hours to mange my abdominal pain and my nausea. I am told that I look much better on the outside, that my coloring improving. On the inside I still feel pretty sick, butt that will change as my counts increase. I am still hopeful to be release on Easter Sunday or Monday.
Megan made it down for most of the week, but headed back to Toledo so that she could be back this weekend in case I am released.
I am almost done, and I can't wait to be home or longer than a week, relaxing with Megan and Ethan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hang in there Matt! It won't be long and this will all be a dim memory. You will be home and recovering a little more each day. Hope the pain is less today. That Fentanol can make you goofy:)
Can't wait to see you at home,
Jan H.
Lots of e-hugs to all of you! I am glad that you are able to write the blog yourself. I imagine this whole thing must have a surreal quality to it. One of the things that I admire in my brother, whose physical condition is very intrusive in his life, is that he refuses to be defined by it. Hang in there, as you have been so wonderfully. You are always still Matt, husband, father, son, dentist and all-around good guy. Can't wait to see you in person, along with Megan and (finally) Ethan! ~ Toni
Looks like all of your determination is really paying off, way to stay tough.
Talk to you soon,
-Andy
Dear Matt...So glad the counts are up and that hopefully you'll be coming home soon! We continue to pray that you soon will be completely healed, and can't wait to see you! Our Love, Joe and Kathy
Post a Comment