We are home, feeling good, and we finally have TV and internet! It is kind of sad to find out how reliant on technology we have become. Although living without TV has been quiet and kind of a nice break, we feel very disconnected with the world. It is good to be back among the information age.
We have been home a week, and it has been a restful, yet somewhat eventful week. As you all know from this blog, I was pretty out of it the last week in Indy. The first few days at home were still a little foggy, but by Friday I was coming out of it. I was on IV Magnesium for 4 hours a day through Monday. That was just to replace what I had lost with all of the fluid loss in Indy.
The strangest thing this past week has been my memory, or lack there of. I have been talking with Megan quite a bit and finding that I don't remember a lot of the last week in Indy. This is probably a good thing, but it is very strange to not remember entire days. Easter was a busy day apparently, and I have no recollection of anything from that day. That can be easily attributed to the fentanyl and other various drugs they were giving me. It is still a very strange feeling not to remember full days. Even last week I was still confused and in a fentanyl haze. I thought that I had returned home Monday, and Megan informed me on Sunday that we had come home Tuesday. On Friday I was convinced that it was the 20th, and was frantically trying to get bills paid on time, only to find out Saturday morning that I still had a few more days. It has been interesting. Thankfully, by Sunday and through this week, my memory is functioning properly again, and I think the fentanyl haze has finally worn off.
So if I spoke with you by phone the last week in Indy, or my postings were a little "off", please excuse me, it was the drugs.
The big news this week is the news I received from my oncologist today. I saw my doctor in Ann Arbor on Tuesday and had some blood work done. They are still trying to get some things evened out, (my INR is low and so was my hemoglobin) however, my HCG is looking really good! The news today was that my HCG was 4.0!! This is wonderful news! The fact that it dropped from the 7.0 in Indy last week may or may not be significant, because there is fluctuation from day to day and between labs. The good news is that it has not risen, and if anything it has gone down. The true test will be in 1 month when I return to Indy for my check-up, but for now, my HCG is down and FINALLY on the high side of NORMAL!
So that is the news today, a very good day indeed. I am beginning to feel like myself again, just a very fatigued and weakened version of myself. I have never laid in bed for 6 weeks before, but I'll tell you, it leads to a lot of muscle loss. So each day now I feel a little stronger, and I am just taking it day-by-day. I have a month to rest and regain some of my strength, and then we will see Dr. Einhorn and find out where we stand.
Thank you all for your tremendous support, and I look forward to more blogs with good news each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Matt, That is great news! Kristen the Girls and I are praying for you on a daily basis. I hope you are in a position to see us this summer when we are home. Keep up the great fight.
Mark Faust
just in time for a beautiful spring weekend. hope you can get outside and enjoy it.
This is grand news indeed, Matt!!!! I am looking forward to seeing all of your little family in church one of these days. ;-))
Post a Comment