My counts have really shot up the last few days, and therefore I am feeling marginally better.
Day 11
W=5.1
P=20
Day 12
W=7.3
H=7.9
P=41
I was very pleased to hear my numbers, to say the least. Last round they sent me home when my numbers were 5.5. Unfortunately I am not cleared for discharge yet to continuing symptoms. I continue with nausea, GI upset, and vomiting. I didn't have all of these symptoms with the last round, so maybe this is the cancer's last grasp for life.
I don't mind staying another night, however, because Monday is when they check my HCG and
Dr. Einhorn makes his rounds. It would be nice to see him and to know what my tumor marker is doing.
This is much different Easter than normal for our family, but thankfully to this treatment I will be around for many more. Jesus died for us, providing us with a new beginning. I think it is an understatement that this has provided Megan, Ethan, and I with a new beginning.
We wish you all a Happy Easter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Bless you all on this Easter Day. I am praying for good news from Dr. Einhorn tomorrow (and always, of course). It will be great to see you all again, once you're up to it. In the meantime, consider yourself hugged.
Toni
Dr. Matt
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Your numbers look good and we are praying for great results with Dr. Einhorn tomorrow. Jesus died and rose again and by his stripes you are healed. Tell Megan hello. We are all anxious to see you soon.
Mark and Theresa McCarthy
Happy Easter Matt - good luck with the doc tomorrow. Also, I hope your stomach settles soon. Your treatment has been a true blessing.
C'ya buddy,
- Andy & Emily
thinking of you .
foley
Post a Comment