It is Christmas Eve morning, and we are getting ready to head down to Toledo to spend the day with Megan's family. We will be in Grosse Ile tomorrow with my family. The weather here is cold and snowy, so I hope all of you that are travelling will do so safely.
I had a round of Bleomycin yesterday morning. The metallic taste is back, and my stomach is a little uneasy, but still no real nausea or sickness. Thank God for that. I had my blood drawn, again, and my white blood cell count was 3.2. That is below normal, but still pretty good. I suspect that it will continue to drop as the week goes on. They also checked my bleeding time. My INR (International Normalized Ratio for bleeding time) was 2.47. This is much better than it was last week, so the Coumadin is doing it's job of thinning my blood. I have had no further symptoms of the blood clot. It may still be there but it is not giving me any trouble.
This round of chemo has made me much more tired, but it has also affected my ability to sleep at night. A frustrating combination for sure. Some nights I sleep right through without even hearing Ethan's cries, other nights I am wide awake and only get a couple hours of actual sleep. Add to that the increased fatigue from the chemo and I have had some pretty lazy afternoons. Of course, it could be worse.
Below are a couple pictures from chemo yesterday. We took Ethan with us because all of the nurses were asking to see him. It was only an hour and a half appointment yesterday, so a good one for him to sit through.
I hope you all are doing well, and have a very Merry Christmas.
6 comments:
You and Ethan have matching hairdos!
Thanks for all the updates. You are truly an inspiration.
Merry Christmas Matt, Megan, and Ethan!
Love,
Karen
love you guys, thinking of you !
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
We all enjoyed the office Christmas dinner at your parents and also having you at work last Monday.
Wishing you, Megan, Ethan and the rest of the family a happy and blessed Christmas. God bless us everyone! Hugs... Lynn and family
Matt:
I am continuing to follow your progress here. To me, you will always be the face of the rabid Michigan football fan after your starring role last year! RichRod will need your help to quickly restore Michigan football.
Wishing you and all of you family a Merry Christmas.
Matt and Megan,
We love to read the posts and are glad that you are feeling pretty well, considering. Ethan is getting so big. Hope you had a good Christmas and Happy New Year!
Love, Bryan, Kacia and Cole
Happy New Year! What a story I have just read through this blog since October! Wow, what a positive outlook! I praise God for your incredible attitude. You are in our prayers daily. my daughter ryley will bring up "mommy's friend Matt" in her prayers. May you continue to draw your incredible strength from God. Remember as it says in John 9:3 (when jesus and his disciples were talking about the man blind from birth) Jesus answered - "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." Can't wait to see God finish His work in you through this battle! Love and prayers always ~ Erin
Post a Comment