Well it's Friday and my last day of chemo for the week. We awoke to a large snowstorm that is still going. The drive in was slow. The roads had 3-4 inches of snow and were not plowed. We left quite early and were only 15 minutes late for the appointment. It is mornings like this that you are thankful for big vehicles with 4 wheel drive, regardless of how much fuel they use.
The week has gone well. I am just quite tired. I did get the results of my HCG tumor marker levels and they were 1105 on Monday before the start of this round. While it is not the triple digit number I was hoping for, it is still excellent progress. After 2 rounds of chemo, with 2 to go, my HCG tumor marker has fallen from >200,000 to 1105. I feel confident that the final two rounds of chemo can wipe out the rest.
The other good news is that my Coumadin is reaching a therapeutic level. It was still a little low, but close enough to discontinue the Lovenox injections. So no more self-injection in the belly! That was welcome news.
All in all I am doing well. I am more tired this round, and the hiccups are more persistent, but these are still minor side effects. All of the doctors and nurses continue to tell me how great I am doing. After today I will be back on the following 2 Tuesdays for treatment with the drug Bleomycin, and then I will start the final round of chemo on Jan. 5.
Thank you all for you continued support through posts to the blog, letters, phone calls, and the meals that have appeared the last few days. Megan, Ethan, and I appreciate them all.
Stay warm, stay safe in your travels, and enjoy your holidays with your friends and family. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi Matt,Megan and Ethan,
This is Betty Steinman,David's sister. just want to tell you we are happy to hear of your progress. Thank you so much for the wonderful blog. We also want to wish you and your family a very Blessed Christmas. Keep up the good work and rest assurred that you and yours are in our prayers.
B,C&T
Hey Buddy,
We skied some turns for you today. The snow was decent but the coverage was poor. Sounds like you have more snow there! We're now east of Reno... cruising along in the car... the wonders of technology.
Speaking of technology, I was doing some looking for your zune... seems like there are some cool items. http://www.zuneclan.com/
Keep up the good fight!
Fred
Matt,
So happy to hear of the great progress you are making. We're all looking forward to spending time with you on Christmas Day. John says he chose the right days to drive this week and saved the nasty weather days for Vicki to drive you to chemo....who can predict? Hang in there...Love ya much, Aunt Jan
Megan and Matt..
I just got caught up on your progress. I am happy to hear that you are continuing to do well. You all are constantly in our prayers. Ethan is adorable!! He is rolling over..watch out! It is amazing how fast they change. Enjoy your first Christmas together!
Megan Little
Matt, I'm glad to hear your doing okay with your treatments. I heard what was going on a while back and have been wondering how you've been doing. My mom sent me this link to your site so you've got some more people praying for you:) You're family is beautiful by the way.
Karen (Horvath)Buck
Post a Comment