It is Wednesday, day 3 of chemo. I got an early start today. It is 10:15 and I am half way through the first bag of chemo. Today I receive Etopocide and Cisplatin. Yesterday I received the same two plus Bleomycin. Cisplatin is the nasty one that causes all of the nausea, but so far so good. I had a little uneasiness last night, but after taking Compazine, Atavan, and eating several ginger cookies I was fine. Not to mention the Emend, Decadron, and some other anti-nausea drug they give me at the clinic each day. I am heavily armed against nausea.
Life is good.
They have wireless access here that is nice to keep me occupied during my long days. I am enjoying surfing the web while listening to some tunes on my new Zune; given to me by a group of very good friends to help get me through these days. It is a great help. For those of you that are not familiar with the Zune it is made by Microsoft, and is a small media device similar to an iPod that plays music, movies, FM radio, photos, and probably much more that I have yet to discover. It is very cool.
I have not heard yet what my HCG count is from Monday, but next time my nurse comes by I will ask and add it to this posting. I am hoping we get that number down to a three digit number this week. I will let you know.
It is a cold and snowy day here in Michigan, the kind I like. I hope you are all staying warm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Matt,
Enjoy the snow and cold! please do all you can to keep it in Michigan. Glade to here things are going well. Looking forward to hearing the results from the HCG test. Keep us posted.
Go Blue!,
Mark Faust
Hey Matt,
Glad to hear you're enjoying the Zune and that its helping you pass the time. I think of you often and will ski a run for you next week in Tahoe.
xoxo
Dana
Post a Comment