This week will be a test to see just how big of an effect the chemo is having on my blood. The effects on the white blood cells, and therefore my immune system, sometimes takes 7 to 10 days to set in. I started chemo last Wednesday, so I guess it will hit me at the end of the week. To top it off, I will have one day of chemo on Thursday. Nonetheless, I still feel strong and can't wait to get home to my family!
Thank you to everyone that has posted to the blog, emailed, called and stopped by to see me. I have never spent any time in the hospital before, so this was a very different experience for me, and your support has been wonderful. Thanks to Rev. Bill Zambon for visiting on Saturday night, and thanks to Derek and Steve for bringing me home communion on Sunday. When I pray these days I don't feel as though I am reaching to the heavons, but rather that God is by my bedside. It is an amazing feeling of strength. God is good, all the time.
I will keep you all posted from the comforts of home from here on out. Peace be with you all.
18 comments:
Dr. Matt
I just called the office to find an update on how your feeling and they told me about your blog. Mark and I are so glad to hear your feeling well and are praying you will cotinue to feel good this week also. My mom put your name on her church prayer chain on the other side of town. I know the heavens are being flooded with prayers for you and Megan. I wanted to share our family scripture with you it's Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans that I have for you," Declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not calamity to give you a future and a hope." Have a great day today as it sounds you will be going home to your family. Tell Megan to call me anytime if she needs something or even if she would like me to watch Ethan. I would be happy to help her in anyway I can. Theresa
Hey Matt. Larry called and told me about this a few hours ago. All I have to say is "kick some ass"! I know you will and I know you'll make Ethan proud! I'll be at the victory party!
Hey Matt,
I'm glad to hear that everything is going well. I knew that you would keep a positive attitude throughout the treatments. We missed you at the get-together over the weekend. I can't believe how big Ethan is getting. Good luck with the upcoming treatments and I can't wait to see you soon. It's great to be able to read how things are going with you. I will see you soon!
Dan
Hey Matt,
Hospitals are great and all but I am glad you are going to get to enjoy being home, on the couch and in your own bed. Now, you can get some real rest - imagine how hard you can fight after getting a good night's sleep. You are really doing great!
Talk to you soon,
-Andy
Matt,
We have been keeping up with you through Dan and Amy. I sent some vegetable beef soup to your condo...I think it is in your freezer. Prayers abound for you. You will beat this and we will then be praying prayers of thanksgiving!
Jan and Dan Holmes
Dear Dr Matt--guess who's at my side "making" me do this---BAD CHERYL!!!! We're soooo glad to hear that your first round of tx's went well. Seems to us that you are in the best of spirits-as usual. As you know we are all praying for you. Cindy has gained at least 5#'s worth of candy eating since receiving this news..so if you lose any weight you'll know where to go find it when you're ready to take it back.Tell Megan we are willing to babysit for Ethan anytime--if you need any meals let us know as people are always asking if you are in need of food-so just let us know. Miss you like crazy--Cheryl said if you're feeling too relaxed she'll gladly sign on and start scrolling thru the computer HAHA.We miss your smiling face and dancing eyes-look forward to seeing you soon. Great job Megan!! Love Cheryl & Cindy
Dear Matt,
We have had daily updates from Trenton on how you are doing. We know that God is by your side to give you strength to fight this cancer. You have been a ray of sunshine in our family and with your faith and everyone's prayers you will continue to be. You are also on our churches prayer list. We love you. G & G
Matt,
I just heard about this from Larry and I have to say I am amazed at your energy and attitude, although I should have expected it from you, even with cancer, I can't imagine you sick. I am also glad to see one more Ethan in the world. It sounds like you have gathered a great team but you know if I can add any MD help from DC you should call on me any time day or night. Keep strong, I have you and your family in my thoughts.
Booker
What's going on Matt,
I just received an email and heard about your condition. We wanted to let you know that we are praying for you, Megan and Ethan. Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me"! Be strong as I know you will. "Fight Like Hell"
Matt,
If you need anything from us don't hesitate to contact us. charleswntrs@yahoo.com
647 201 7246
Stay strong
Much Love
Winters Family
Matt,
Kristen, Morgan, Molly and I are thinking of you on a daily basis. Just keep in mind you have some one praying for you 24 7. Everyone else can covers days and the Faust family will cover nights. I know I am 7000 miles away but let me know if there is anything that I or the family can do to help you and the family get through this. I know you will beat this just like all other challenges. Give'm Hell and Go Blue!
Mark Faust
Dr.Matt.....It was SO good to have you drop by the office. Your presence is missed in our daily routine.
We are confident with your positive attitude, and all the prayers, you will beat this. Keep strong! Love & prayers to you, Megan and Ethan. Lynn (:
Matt:
If anyone can handle this situation it is you. Think of being told to tack when you are not ready, changing sails at night or fouling the spinniker around the fore-stay and always learning new things, like swear words. Jackie and I ahve you in our prayers. YOU CAN DO IT>
Mike, Jackie Doyle
Dear Matt,
Even though I am in California with Tom & Kathy, you are constantly in my thoughts & prayers. I just read your blog, or whatever it is, and it is sooooo inspiring. You are helping other people deal with this difficult time. Love you with all my heart, and Love to Megan & Ethan. Take care, Grandma West
Matt
Your doing an exceptional job of fighting your disease. I am so impressed with your strength, and your determination to prevail. I am learning from you. Keep up the positive mental attitude and trust God. I pray for you repeatedly throughout the day. I am sure you will beat this thing.
Uncle Dave
Hi you three,
These are the 1st pictures we' ve seen of Ethan. What a doll!Keep up the good attitude Matt. It's so important. When you get well, come see us in Florida. We have all the baby equipment you need as our family is expanding.
Love,
Susan and Frank
Hey your three,
What a beautiful baby. Wow, I don't know who Ethan looks like but he sure is cute. Bet you are glad to be home, Matt. Keep up the good attitude. That's the key! When you are well, come visit us in Florida for a little R&R. We have all the baby equipment.
Love,
Susan and Frank
dear dr matt, megan & ethan
faith theresia & i were looking over your space...they think ethan is just too too adorable...like his daddy!! megan you are doing such a great job taking care of your guys. we are praying for you & yours..have a happy thanksgiving..hope your taste buds come back..tis the season to be eating afterall.
cindy faith theresia
Post a Comment