I hope this entry finds you enjoying the holiday with family and friends. We have had a good week visiting with good friends whom are in town, and will be spending the next couple of days with family.
It has been a busy week thus far for me. Besides visits from Fred and Diana (in from CA) and from Dan Holmes (in from Chicago). I have been busy conducting phone interviews for a new front desk staff at the office. After running an ad for one week, we received nearly 100 applications! In the Michigan economy, it really isn't that big of a surprise. There are a lot of people looking for work. It's another reason to be thankful this week, and a reminder to prayer for those in search of work. I will be praying for you.
I continue to do very well with the treatment. The only change this week has been that the chemo has started affecting my taste buds. Many foods now have a zinc taste to them. It's a crummy week for that to start, but at least I am able to eat and still have a good appetite. So I still plan to test my taste buds on all of today's and Saturday's Thanksgiving meals. I am sure I can find a way to enjoy the feasts!
So I still have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I am feeling strong. My symptoms/side-effects range from fatigue, hair loss, and altered taste. These are all easily managed. Ethan is seated on my lap as I type, trying to add a few edits as I go. I have the time and strength to enjoy my time with him and Megan, and I am even able to run some of my business from home. God is good.
Please know that you are all in my heart today. All of the posts, the emails, the cards, and the phone calls have touched my soul. It is an overwhelming feeling to see how much one can be loved by so many. Please have a blessed Thanksgiving, and know that I will be praying for each of you today. I give thanks for all of you and the gift of your love that you have given me in the last 6 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment