I am off to another round of Bleomycin today. It is a short, one hour infusion that does not effect blood counts, but can take it's toll on the lungs. So far my lungs seem to have handled the treatment just fine, and I am looking forward to another day of killing cancer!
I had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. Thanks to Becky and Chris for a wonderful day and meal, and my taste buds were functioning properly! The metallic taste that had been creeping in through the week was miraculously held at bay for the day and I thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Ironically, I woke up this morning and took a sip of water and it tasted like I was drinking zinc! Crazy drugs can do crazy things. Hopefully my taste buds will give me another reprieve tomorrow when I have round 2 of Thanksgiving with my family.
My hair continues to fall out, but it is doing so at an even pace. I have not opted to shave it off yet. Ethan and I now have the same hairdo, but we are ships passing in the night. His is starting to fill in nicely, while mine is thinning out nicely. We will post some pictures as soon as we find the time to download them off the cameras.
Ethan is continue to grow like crazy, and he enjoyed his first food yesterday for Thanksgiving. We fed him some rice cereal mixed with breast milk for the first time. I guess I don't know if he truly enjoyed his first meal, but he did eat some of it. He is just growing so big that he always wants to eat and he eats a lot. For Megan's sake it is time to supplement with some cereal.
I continue to be thankful for my progress and thankful for you support. It's a beautiful day, it's time to go kill cancer!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey guys! Renee sent us a darling picture of Ethan, along with the blog address today. Bryan, Cole and I will keep you in our prayers. Ethan is such a handsome boy! We are glad you are still feeling pretty good Matt. We'll be checking up on you on here...
Love,
Bryan, Kacia and Cole Murphy
Post a Comment