Thursday, June 19, 2008

June 8 Baby Shower Given by Friends!

A BIG thank you to Chris & Aubrey, Foley & Brad and Kate & Andy (we know you were thinking of us, while in Japan!) for throwing us such a fun shower! The Waiting, Waiting Wheat homebrew by Chris and the grilling, courtesy of Brad, made for a perfect day (I can confirm the grilling was good...I hope to try the beer after the baby is born, but everyone raved about it!).

It was a hot day, but we had fun making sunprints for the baby's room (I'll have to scan a couple to share online). Sunprints are a specially treated paper that, when exposed to sunlight with objects placed on the paper, the paper turns dark blue, while the objects stay white.

It was so great to see friends we haven't seen in awhile! Thank you all for coming!! We appreciate your support and generosity as we draw closer to that big day of not knowing what to do with a baby!

P.S. Thanks, Ty, for taking so many photos! We were slackers that day, so if anyone else has photos to share, please send them along!



This is the quilt Chris made for us! It's beautiful & incorporates both Matt and I. UM, football, music and great patterns.




























































YAY! Chocolate cake - our favorite! And, it's surrounded by more chocolate!!

No comments: