As Lance Armstrong said at this year's Pelotonia "Cancer Sucks".
Early this morning Matt lost his courageous battle with cancer. Please check back for information about his memorial service.
Thank you for all your prayers and support this past year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
84 comments:
love you. love you . love you.
Megan,
My thoughts and love are sent to you and Ethan.
Megan
All our love and comfort are with you all.
Much love,
Jamie + Emily
Just heard from Fred. We love you guys and are keeping you in our prayers. Please post the details for the funeral arrangements, and we'll rearrange our holiday travel so that we can say goodbye.
Heather & Steve Gruenewald
My heart aches for you and your family. May god help you through this difficult time.
Kacey
GI Classmate of Matt's
Godspeed, Matt. You were an inspiration to us all. My deepest condolences to Megan, Ethan, and the Uday family.
Megan,
You are in my deepest thoughts and prayers. My God hold you in his loving arms and remind you that you are surrounded by so many people who love you and Ethan.
Love, Jaci
Oh Megan, we are so sorry. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Ethan and your entire family at this very difficult time. We love you.
Kacia and Bryan
My every thought and prayer and all of my hugs and love are with you right now.
My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Much love and sorrow,
Mark
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Your family will always be an inspriation to us all. Believe in life everlastng.
Tom and Pat
Dear Uday Family,
We are so sorry to hear of Matt's passing. The entire family is in our thoughts and prayers.
Josh and Eleise (Allen) Foley
Praying hard for you and Ethan...
Take care,
Polly (Chris Mordy's sister)
My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Uday family.
Megan and Ethan,
We are so sorry. You and your families are in our prayers. Matt was such an incredible friend and your family is an inspiration to all of us.
Tyler and Kelly Barrett
Megan, Ethan, and the entire Uday/Stanley Family,
Matt will continue to be an incredible inspiration to all who had the joy of knowing him. He made such a difference in so many lives.
With much love,
Karen
Megan,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Ethan. Matt fought so hard against his cancer, and in doing so became a model for us all. God's love to you and your wonderful family.
Michael and Terrillyn Walls
Dear Uday Family,
It's hard to know the right things to say. I have to believe that Matt is in a more peaceful place. I wish we could have had more time with him, but I'll be grateful for the years we did have. You all fought like hell and what an incredible legacy to leave.
I am so so sorry to hear this sad news, and wish you much love and comfort during this difficult time.
Alexandra Foley Altman
GI Classmate
I am so sorry. Matt was a wonderful guy and he will be missed.
Megan,
You and Ethan are in our deepest thoughts and prayers.
All our love,
Melanie, Aaron and Maddie
Megan,
We consider it a privilege to have known Matt. He will be missed by everyone that he knew and inspired. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Ethan.
Seth and Kathy
As always, love and prayers.
Amy, Derek, and kids
Please know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers. Matt was a wonderful friend and a great Michigan Man.
Anything you need...
Love,
The Almeidas
Tom, Staci, Gabriel, Isaac & Elijah
Lance is so right. Big big e-hugs to you, dear girl. Much love.
Toni
So sorry to hear this news. I am praying for the entire Uday family - such a wonderful young man to have lost much too soon.
Jennifer Wozny James
GI Classmate
Hi Megan-
I've been following Matt's blog since Janet (Horvath) told us about Matt and you have all been in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry to hear this news but he certainly was an inspiration, staying so strong and positive. My hearts goes out to you and Ethan.
Sincerely,
Stacy Cooreman (Janet's cousin)
We are so sorry for your loss Megan,
Matt was a GREAT friend and he touched our lives so very much! if you EVER need ANYTHING please give us a call! we will do anything for you and Ethan!! he fought long and hard and now gets to rest in a beeter place! our hearts and prayers are with you and Ethan and the family!!
Love you always
Justine & Matt Bemis
With a heavy heart, I send a big hug from Flagstaff. May you have strength through this difficult time.
love
mackenzie
I am so sad to hear this news. I will always remember Matt as a kind, giving and all around wonderful guy. My thoughts and prayers will be with you all during this difficult time.
Michelle Anderton
My heart aches for the entire Uday family...you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Matt will always be a true inspiration to all who knew him....I know he will continue to watch over you Megan and your beautiful son, Ethan.
Hugs to you,
Dr. Danielle Ruskin
Megan, you are in my thoughts. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Matt is an incredible person and I am so blessed to have known him. My love to you, Ethan and your family. xoxo
You are in our praysers at this time of sowwor
The Clauss, Brooks and Richardson Family's
Matt will always be associated with my fondest memories.
My hearfelt sorrow goes out to the Uday family.
Michael "Tex" Lee
Dearest Megan and Ethan,
Words cannot express how sorry we are for your loss. Matt was an AMAZING man, who left behind a precious son, and a wonderful, supportive wife. Megan, you and Matt are our inspiration. Praying hard for you at this tremendous time of sorrow.
Lots of hugs,
Steven, Angela, and Greysen
Our prayers are with you.
- Rich & Deb Hamann
Megan and Ethan,
We are so sorry. Matt was one of the most honest and caring friends anyone could ever ask for. You both are in our thoughts.
Love,
Larry and Robin Powell
Megan,
I am so very sorry for your loss. You, Matt and Ethan have been in my prayers for some time (my mom too has been praying for you all every night). May you feel the love of all those around you...sending long distance hugs.
Love,
Sarah (and Brian)
May God bless the whole Uday Family. I am so sorry. Matt was a man of tremendous character and he was an inspiration to so many, in his life and during his illness.
Much love,
Sammi Hadad
There is an angel in heaven now.
Our prayers are with you.
love,
Jenn, Erik and Logan Downing
It is a difficult day for all those who loved Matt, and there are many of us. The only ease to the hurt of the loss of such a good man is the pleasure of having known him, the history of having been the target of his warm, honest, open smile, and the knowledge that the world is a far better place for having had him pass too briefly through it.
My thoughts to you Megan and Ethan and all of the extended family that gathered around Matt.
Ethan "Toby" Booker
Uday Family,
I'm so sorry to hear the news. I'll always remember Matt as a kind and wonderful guy-- a true Michigan Man. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Ryan Bailey
GIHS & UM classmate
My thoughts and prayers are with you all! Rest in peace, Matt. Miss you.
-Ramon
God be with you and provide you confort through this rough time. Matt was a great person and I can only think of great memories. Our family thoughts go out to you and Ethan.
Matthew Oldt
GIHS class 1993.
Megan, our whole family is praying for you, Ethan and your families. Much love,
Andrea
May his memory be for a blessing. Our thoughts are with you.
Jenn and Brad Carlson (MMB)
So deeply saddened to hear this news. Peace and prayers go out to the entire Uday family.
There is definitely one more angel in Heaven today.
Lesley Nadeau
GIHS Classmate
Our hearts are broken today. Matt was an amazing man and will be missed so very dearly. I am lucky to have called him a friend. We send our love to Megan, Ethan and the Uday family.
Love,
Erica, Alex & Caleb Mason
To all of the Uday family,
I have many fond memories of my time with all of you growing up. My heart is so heavy with this sad news. I will keep all of you in my prayers during this difficult time.
With love,
Kristin DeMare Humphrey
We have known Matt as our trusted dentist; kind, gentle and knowledgable. We have followed his journey with cancer because he took the time to post on his "blog" all the ups and downs of fighting this disease. We have been in awe of his strength,courage,determination and grace. What an example for us all. (we wish you hadn't left us so soon). Our love and prayers to all the Uday family, Joanne and Jim Foley
Megan and Ethan,
Matt fought the good fight and from what Becky has told us you are an inspiration as well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Art and Pat Maust
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Uday family.
Jeff Frey
GIHS Classmate
Matt was an inspiration and the best this world had to offer. He is the kind of person who made the lives of those around him better. He will be remembered.
-matt "shaggy" williams
I am glad to have known Matt for so long. He was a great person who took the time to talk with me every time I bumped into him. My thoughts are with the entire Uday family.
Bob Buckley
GIHS Class of 1993
Megan & Ethan,
Our hearts go out to you. You are in our prayers.
Dallas & Sharon Kelsey
Megan-
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You will never know how many people's lives Matt made a difference in. He will be missed tremendously.
Mark Johnson
I am very sorry for your loss. It was an honor and pleasure to know Matt. He was truly an inspiration to all and will be missed. My thoughts are with you and Ethan.
Dan Linderman
Megan,
Matt's positivity, optimism and love of life was always refreshing and comforting. His diligence and committment in all activities and facets of his life was really unparallelled. He was a shining star in every endeavor! We will always miss Matt for these things and I will think of him often. Please know that we are thinking of you and Ethan often these days.
Love,
Dan and Kara Madion
Traverse City, Michigan
Matt was such an inspiration to us all. God Bless your family during this very difficult time, and God Bless you Matt, it was an honor to march with you!
Megan and all the Uday family,
Matt inspired all of us to live life to the fullest. He will be deeply missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
love,
Jeff and Heather Stefan
We will keep you and Ethan in our prayers. Matt made a big impact on all our lives. He will be missed.
My prayers are with all of you.
Danyelle Artman Howland
GIHS Class of 1993
Matt will always be a part of the memories of so many of us, and his life serves as a reminder of how a person should strive to be. My prayers go out to his family and friends...
Let the strength we feel from his wisdom lift you up in your time of sorrow, let the courage he gives others keep your steady, let the peace in his heart carry you, let all he inspires give you comfort.
In love & prayer,
Julie T
Our thoughts and prayers are with the whole Uday family. Matt truly was a special person who touched so many lives in a positive way. I can honestly say that my life was better for having known him.
Jess (Bailey) & Sven Sawin
GIHS & MMB
I am truly moved and inspired by the life that Matt led. I will always remember his kindness and his heart-warmingly genuine smile. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Melanie (Smith) Fraim
MMB
Megan,
You don't know me, but I knew Matt from MMB. He was just a stellar person all round. I can't imagine what you're going through, and am so sad for litte Ethan, too. My deepest sympathies for your tremendous loss.
Jen Lee
May your faith in God never waver for He is always with you even though you may not think so. May you, megan, and Ethan be held safe in the palm of the Lords hands. Marilyn Buckley
Megan,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and all of your family. The strength, hope and courage shown by you and Matt are such an inspiration.
Cindy Stoner
MMB
The comments on this site are a testament to the amazing spirit that Matt possessed. His smile will be missed. Matt was Aaron's "big brother"...the memories are tremendous. Our prayers are with you.
Aaron, Jodi, Ethan and Madeleine Duke
Megan, I was a good friend of Matt's growing up. We spent many summers, vacations, etc together and I have very fond memories of Matt and his family. He was a wonderful reflection of God's love and grace. I can not begin to imagine what you are going through but please know my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
Megan and Ethan,
All of our thoughts and prayers go out to you. I have learned much from Matt over the many year, of how to live my life and how important family is. Please know that Matt will never be forgotten. We will always be there for you and Ethan.
The Faust Family
Mark, Kristen, Morgan, Molly
Matt was a great man. I looked up to him throughout my years at Michigan. Megan, I am very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Ethan.
-Doug Henry
Megan,
My deepest sorrows and sympathies. Matt was a very special person who clearly touched many lives. My thoughts are with you all in this difficult time.
Tristan
We are better people for having known Matt. We are holding all of you in our prayers and in our hearts.
Matt and Sue Dubois
My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Matt will be dearly missed by all who knew him. May your heart and soul find peace and comfort.
Joe Kulberg
Megan,
We are so sorry for your
loss. Matt was such a wonderful friend, father, and husband. Tiger Woods should have taken a lesson from him. Please know we love you and are keeping you in our prayers.
Susan and Frank
Megan,
My heart goes out to you, Ethan, and your families.
Erin
Megan - much love for you and Ethan.
Matt was a true joy to have known, as can be seen by the comments here. Though the time I knew him would be considered brief if measured in days - if measured in how he changed me as a person, as a man, it would be endless. I met Matt at a time that I was learning who I was, but he helped teach me who I wanted to be.
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. ~Kahlil Gibran
Matt was the world's delight, and my heart goes out to his family - the luckiest of us all to have known him so long and so well.
Mike Warden - MMB Trumpet
Megan,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
"I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love." Leo Buscaglia
Gary & Jackie Olsen
Megan, I never had an opportunity to meet you but I was a trumpet in the Michigan Marching Band with Matt and Kristen. I have many great memories of Matt. He was a great mentor and I always admired his spirit! I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Your family is in my thoughts during this difficult time.
Kim Sarquis
We are grateful for the amazing life Matt lived and sick in our hearts about all of this. I (Kimber) am sending my love and support to you with Mark (and am sad I can't be there, too) and will be thinking of you all day Saturday. our best, The Peakes
I knew Matthew his entire life. He was truly a great man. All through his life his accomplishments were many. He was an inspiration for all of us. Everyone was better off by knowing Matthew.
My deepest sympathy to the Uday and McNamara families. He will be missed greatly.
Dave Rowan
Post a Comment