Ethan checking out the pumpkins at the pumpkin patch.
Ethan found a pumpkin just the right size for him to carry.
Ethan loves Pumpkins!
Ethan is more interested in crushing the mums than the carved pumpkins.
Ethan dressed up for halloween in his cowboy costume.
Our 100 pounds of pumpkins carved and lit up for Halloween.
Our view of the MMB from our seats in the Pressbox this past Saturday.
We had an ubelievable view of the field and thought we would share some photos with you.
We hope you enjoyed some of our photos. We have had a lot of fun with Ethan this fall, because he really does love pumpkins. The photo of him in his costume was taken at the Toledo Zoo for Little Boo at the Zoo. He didn't quite understand the concept of Trick-or-Treating, but he looked cute in his costume.
We had a great opportunity this past Saturday to sit in the Pressbox at Michigan Stadium. Thank you to some good friends (you know who you are) for pulling some strings to give us this experience. The view from the box is incredible. You can really see the whole game much clearer. Unfortunately, what we clearly saw was Michigan letting another game slip away, but we still had a lot of fun. Two interesting aspects of sitting in the pressbox is that you cannot cheer, and the concession stand is free. Most of the people there are press, and they are working, so you are not allowed to cheer. It was difficult to do at times, and was a little strange. They also had a full concession stand, and it was all free. I think I may have made Megan a little sick with all of the popcorn and hotdogs I ate, but it was fun. It was a great experience that we will long remember.
Thankfully Saturday I was feeling pretty well and was able to enjoy the game and the pressbox. Most of the days since my last post have been up and down. I have been quite fatigued since returning home last week, but that is to be expected after going under general anesthesia and having two minor surgeries. What has been harder to deal with is that I have had to watch my temperature, as I have had many fevers since I have been home. They have come every evening and have varied from very mild to 101 degrees. They last a few hours and then I feel fine until the next night. The doctor feels it could be a result of the procedures that I went through last week, or it could be caused by the cancer. Either way it seems less severe each day.
I also still have a cough and an elevated heart rate. Thankfully I am not coughing up any more blood. My heart rate appears to be a result of the tumor marker HCG. When I was first diagnosed they found that my heart rate was high and it was due to hyperthyroidism caused by the elevated HCG. It appears that it is happening again, so I am going back on some meds I took last fall and am seeing an endocrinologist on Thursday. The cancer seems to be taking a bigger toll on me these days, but I am starting to feel a little less fatigued and better the last few days. Whatever the cancer throws at me I just need to keep punching back.
12 comments:
I suppose if one is not allowed to cheer in the press box, then one is probably not allowed to swear, either. Clearly, this means that I will never, ever be allowed to sit in the press box.
Thank you, as always, for keeping us posted on everything going on. Your son is adorable!
Press box, nice! Too bad they... well.. you were there.
Keep on a'punchin', pal.
Have you considered tropical paradise therapy? I think you should try to hit as many tropical paradise environments as possible. I bet it works wonders. ;-)
I could use some myself.
Love to each of you! Stay strong.
-- Aubrey
how cool.. so glad you got to go to the game and see the game from up there.
love the pics of the fall activities! ethan is such a cutie!
love to you guys!
Wonderful photos!
I was carrying Elijah around for trick-or-treating, so I was feeling guilty every time someone put candy in his bag - rightfully so, as I ate almost all of it!
Take care, and (to echo Jamie) keep punching!
FLH
The Almeidas
Hi Matt and Megan,
We were so glad that you got to the game. Thanks for sharing all your pictures. We read your blog every week and we continue to be inspired by you.
Love, Susan and Frank
Great pictures! Pumpkin picking and then watching Michigan turn into a pumpkin.
Thinking about you a lot recently Matt. You're in my prayers. Keep Fighting Like Hell. If you end up coming back to NY anytime soon, I'd love to introduce you to my new wife.
-Doug Henry
Great pictures! We were at the Purdue game, and I left irritated but my husband was happy (he's a Boilermaker). I think you and Fred should go and coach the team...you guys have been doing it for years anyways, and now is the time for you to take the reins and bring us another National Championship!
We're sorry to hear about your ups and downs, it must be very frustrating. We are in awe of your mental and physical strength to kick cancer's butt.
Go Blue! Beat the Badgers! Qualify for a bowl game!
Heather (Fred's "mom")
Cool pictures! Ethan is adorable and so sweet!
Glad you had fun at the game! Here is to hoping this week is better than the last! Hang in there.
Megan
Hello Uday Family...The pics of Ethan are just too adorable...a little Opie Taylor going on there.How I wish these days of drugs and drama were all behind you.But who am I to complain when you never have and never do! If your beloved Wolverines could catch a little of your determination and stamina maybe they would come up a winner!You guys are the best...Love & prayers Cindy
Oh my word, Ethan is such a cute little man! Thanks for sharing the pics, and the update. Live strong!
Those pictures are great! Ethan cracks me up! Thanks for sharing what life would look like in the press box....b/c we all know that none of us will ever be able to afford that view....or would be kicked out for bad language!
We are praying for all of you!
-Jenn, Erik and Logan
Post a Comment