Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Ethan! Happy Anniversary Matt!

(Of course, I always forget to upload pics in reverse order, so starting from the end of yesterday to the beginning of the day, here are pictures of Ethan's first birthday. Also, due to technical difficulties, the captions come first, followed by the photos.)

Ethan - oh, yeah, bring on the chocolate cake!

Janet - we tried REALLY hard, but Ethan just wasn't having any of his birthday hat! We think it's cute and we'll try again next year (we'll just add a 2!).

Gigi & Papa (Ethan's great grandparents), grandma & grandpa and Matt & I got together for an impromptu birthday celebration. Uncle Torren joined us for cake & opening presents. Nothing is ever set in stone around here anymore, as we just don't know how Matt will feel after chemo.

Ethan fell asleep before we could get a photo of him on the elephant. It's a tradition to get your photo taken on the statues at the Toledo Zoo.

Gigi, I'll carry your hat!

Our busy bee - Ethan loved getting up close & personal with the animals (goats, guinea fowl, bees, spiders, birds, etc.) at Nature's Neighborhood at the Toledo Zoo. Nature's Neighborhood is the zoo's new attraction - petting zoo & activity center for kids. I highly recommend it to the folks out there that have kids that would enjoy arts activities & getting close to animals. They have specific times for activities, so check it out early before your visit.

Finally, Ethan started out yesterday at breakfast eating a bowl of oatmeal, half of banana, 2 blueberry pancakes and juice. I think we're going to go broke feeding this kid!

To my Matthew, Happy Anniversary! There's no one else I would rather be with in a car, on a plane, on a bus, on the subway and in a coffee shop in about 3 hours than you! All my love, Megan









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pics! Sorry to hear about the delays, but happy to hear that things went reasonably well in NY. Happy anniversary!

Love,

The Almeidas