
Well, we finally got little man to the doctor, only one month off schedule.
Here's his stats:
21 lbs., 9 oz.
30 1/4" tall
Ethan is average weight, but 75% in height! Looks like he's going to be tall!
Over the last few days, Ethan has started walking without the benefit of furniture or an extra hand from his parents. Tonight, he was walking around with two blocks in his hands, shaking them. The doctor asked if he had started crawling yet! Ethan has also discovered how to open drawers & cabinet doors...and they don't have handles!
Ethan continues to show more and more interest in feeding himself. Frequently, he grabs the spoon I am using to feed him and flings food all over the kitchen. Mopping is mommy's new pastime. He loves avocado, peaches, blueberries, sweet potatoes, bananas, pasta...anything he can get his hands on! He skipped over the sippy cup phase and just likes to drink out of a cup.
Waving is a new pastime of Ethan's. If you are lucky, you get a double wave! I look forward to waking up each day to see what new skill Ethan will show me.
7 comments:
Matt and Megan -- Nothing in your house is safe anymore! What fun these various stages of development are to watch. For myself, I often looked at my son and wondered how on earth this amazing creature came from me.
BTW, I wanted you to know that the GIPC Early Birds (Wednesday morning prayer group) are on your case. I have been delegated to keep up on your blog and to report out to them. We read your last post today. It's a 3-hankie event!
Big time e-hugs from us all!
Toni Mann and the Early Birds
dear Dr Matt,Megan& Ethan--WOW you guys are so amazing...I too have been wondering how YOU felt on the inside,I was always praying for the dr's & your strength when I suddenly realized that you are not in the drs hands but have always been in God's hands...look closely and see your names carved in His palms. I rode my bike into the office and there was the answer to my questions. I too will enjoy the wind in my fuzzy hair on the ride home and each day afterward. I have learned a great deal about life from your experience and even though I would like to have learned it some other way I will choose to learn none the less. On a lighter note...another Uday Overchiever...GO ETHAN...GO MEGAN...GO MATT...and as always...GO BLUE...Love to all,Cindy...PS cookies available anytime..let me know if they are on your list of ok to eat
What an adorable little guy..... You and Matt are in trouble now with him walking and getting into things. The fun has began; you'll enjoy every second of it though. Treasure every moment, they grow so fast!!!
Gary Olsen
Fantastic photo!
Ethan sure seems to know how to keep Mommy busy.
I know of this great girl that I'd want to introduce to Ethan. She is a whole three months older than him, though...she's half Japanese, a quarter Italian and a quarter Hugarian, loves to point at people and things, blows kisses while saying "muah!", and likes long walks on...well, any surface, really.
Pics available upon request...
What a busy little guy! Sounds like he is doing so well! Can't wait to meet him.
Megan
Moppin Megan!
Love you guys.
Loved reading this blog about Ethan. You three are always close in thought and prayer. Just know we care deeply! Wishing you peace...Teri
Post a Comment