I had my blood drawn yesterday and my counts are back up! My WBC's have jumped back up to 7.0, and my neutrophils are back up to 4.6! This is a tremendous rebound, and means that I will be able to continue with chemo on Thursday. It seems kind of strange to hope for raised counts, only to turn around and take more chemo and knock them back down, but that is the way this works.
What is amazing is that my counts jumped up so quickly. This is the highest they have been in months, and it makes me think that my immune system is not entirely dead from the high dose chemo. I am still being cautious this week, because I don't know how stable these numbers are. Obviously the neupogen shots pushed these numbers back up, and I wonder how long they will stay there. I wouldn't be surprised if they fell back down a bit in these few days before chemo on Thursday. Either way, chemo is on for Thursday and we can start killing cancer again!
I still continue to feel very good. I jogged again this morning, added a little more distance. I think I may be up to a quarter of a mile. It feels great to be getting stronger, and I know that I am stronger than this cancer.
I want to thank Seiji for sharing this blog with so many people. It has been great to hear from so many friends from the MMB (Michigan Marching Band for those non-bando's out there). It has been overwhelming to hear from all of you, and it certainly has been uplifting! Go Blue!
I mentioned last week that we had some photos taken by a photographer. She is a friend of Megan's from college, and an amazing photographer. She posted some of our photos to her blog and wrote some touching words about our family. You can see the photos at www.katfoleyphoto.com. Click on the link to her blog and scroll down to her June 9 entry. They are great photos, and if you are looking for a photographer, I would highly recommend her.
I will have my tumor marker checked again on Thursday, and will likely get the results that day or Friday. I am anxious to see how the number has changed, and I will certainly let you all know what we find out. Thanks again for all of your support and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Matt - Here's to good news!! As always, I will report out to the Early Birds this morning. Count on our prayers. Big e-hugs to all!
"Auntie" Toni
Dearest Matt - I only found out today via Justin Busch that any of this was happening, and spent the better part of my day reading through your blog...My thoughts are with you and your family, and I'm wishing for your returned health and continued happiness!
Yeah to you Matt!! Good luck tomorrow! So sorry we missed seeing you. As you know sometimes life cannot be planned. All is better here and I hope for you as well!
Hang in there! Congrats on the run...I think you are going farther than I am!! :)
Megan
Hey Matt,
Great pics - glad you shared the link. You look very healthy. Have a good session tomorrow, talk to you soon.
-Andy (& Emily)
Matt - the pics of the family are awesome. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope the chemo goes well today.
Dan
Matt, Megan and Ethan too,
Y'all clean up nice for pictures!! They're gorgeous, and everyone can see you are having a lovely time being together. Isaac and I loved looking at them. Isaac says "I love you Dr. Matt, I hope you're feeling better. Love, Isaac"
Know that Derek and I feel the same!
Smooches to all. Amy
How's it going, Matt?
I was reading to catch up and was feeling pretty optomistic...until I saw that "Go Blue!" comment which made me realize that you're still sick. I guess the chemo hasn't put THAT part of you in check yet, eh?
Ok, for that comment...I know that if I ever need crowns some day, you're probably going to do it without novocane. OUCH!
Keep fighting the good fight! GIPC needs its Gabriel Brass back! I need my dentist, and we all need our friends (The Udays).
God speed his healing touch! -Derek
Matt- I follow your blog regularly and pray for you and your family. Your pictures were wonderful. You look so strong...I know you are going to beat this. You are such an inspiration to me.
Peace and love always,
Sammi
Matt, I know I haven't spoken to you since college but you had such a tremendous influence on me that I just wanted to let you know that. I knew you would be strong and courageous, and we are all here for you. I will share your info on my page and we will get you all the support you will need right now to win your fight!!!
*HUGS*
Sydney
The Trumpet Master
Matt - I just saw the link for your blog on facebook today, and I wanted to wish you the very best. I'm so happy to see that you've been blessed with such a beautiful family, and I'm certain from what I knew of you back in the MMB you will fight through this valiantly and be smiling and stronger on the other side. My prayers are with you and your family!
-Melanie
Post a Comment