We have been quite busy since my last post. We have closed on our condo, had surgery, moved, and are still waiting for internet, tv, and phone to be connected in our new home! Hence, the long break in blogging. Here is a quick update, however, and we will provide more info when we have internet access again.
We finally closed on our condo on January 30! We feel very lucky to have done so, but will miss the view of the river. We quickly started packing since we moved just a week later.
On February 5 I had surgery that went very well. The pathology report showed that the chemo had killed the majority of the cancer in the testicle. This was good news, because the chemo is not usually very effective there. I spent the 2 days recovering and then was up and about.
On February 8 we moved to a rental condo in Trenton. It is much bigger and has a basement and attached two car garage. So we finally have our things in one location, and we no longer have to trek up and down 3 floors with groceries and Ethan!!
We are leaving tomorrow for Indianapolis to see Dr. Einhorn. He is the doctor that treated Lance Armstrong, and is top guy for testicular cancer. We will be discussing what to do next. I still have masses of tissue in my abdomen, chest, and lungs. My oncologist believes that it is likely scar tissue and dead tumor cells, but wants the input of the top oncologist in the field before we proceed. In mid January my tumor markers were down to 500, and I had blood drawn on Friday to check those levels again. I will have those results in the next couple days. We will meet with my oncologist on Thursday after returning from Indianapolis, and should have a plan for further treatment by the end of the week. Hopefully I will have internet access by then and will post an update from our new home.
I hope you are doing well, and thank you for your continued support and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Matt-Emily and I can't wait to see your new place. I think it will be especially fun to see Ethan in person again. We are both thrilled with the results you shared and hope that you got the important info you needed while you were in Indianapolis. We too, are thankful for your docs and for all the love and support you have received and shared with Megan throughout this now nearly past chapter in your life.
Talk to you soon,
Andy
Oh I didn't realize you went to Indy...you know Dylan's a doc at IUPUI now.
You have such great spirits. There's always something positive I can learn from you.
Keep it up!
-S
Post a Comment