Well, the last month has arrived (hopefully Little Peanut will arrive this month!).
Is Matt ready? He seems to be...his Diaper Dude diaper bag arrived and is filled with the necessities. Our childbirth classes are effectively over (we just have one more week covering the topic of newborns: care & immunizations) and he is ready to keep me relaxed during labor with our breathing exercises and back massages.
Is Megan ready? Well, you would think I would be...knowing that I am normally the most organized person around, but I'm not! I had false labor contractions last Thursday night, which caused me to panic, start to cry and call Matt at work to tell him to get home (to be fair, I waited until I knew he was only doing paperwork)! I wasn't so much concerned about the contractions. No, the realization that I am not mentally prepared for the baby to leave my body really was at the heart of my craziness!
These contractions have spurred me to action & I am now washing all of the baby's clothes and blankets! I'm still waiting for that supposed "burst of energy" towards the end of pregnancy, so I can work up the energy to clean out the kitchen cabinets. Then, I think I'll be more mentally prepared to give birth. I know it's sorta weird, but I have to check things off my list to make room mentally to deal with other things.
On another note, I had a dream about our baby last night! Coming out at a whopping 10 lbs. 1 oz., our baby had black hair (mom - didn't I have dark hair at birth?) and Matt's exact eyes (shape, lashes), but blue instead of hazel. That same dream, I lost my ID bracelet (the hospital puts 2 ID bracelets on the baby & 1 each on both the mom & dad - if you don't have your bracelet on, they won't give the baby to you) so I had to answer a barrage of questions, but they finally gave the baby to me. Note to self: put that bracelet on tight!
The countdown continues...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment