Sunday, February 24, 2008

Buy Stock in Dairy!

So I thought I would give this blog a try, and after my third trip to buy milk for Megan this week, it is easy to think of a topic. I should point out, that I have been buying milk 2 gallons at a time, 2-3 times a week. I am not really complaining about this, but pointing out my amazement at how much milk Megan is drinking. Not to mention that she can't pass a McDonald's without stopping for a chocolate milk shake. I am not complaining about this either, because she usually shares them with me.

Maybe this means we will have a big, strong football player someday! I will gladly keep buying milk, but if anyone knows where I can find a small dairy cow that would be happy living on our balcony, let me know.

On a side note, I have begun reading aloud excerpts from the Michigan Football Media Guide and Ski magazine while Megan naps. It is never too early to get kids interested in "reading".

2 comments:

Dark Toaster said...

haha I can try to siphon some milk from the cows by our parking lot if that helps...Otherwise you'll have to keep the cow on the balacony...til you're done with it and push it over since I heard most cows can't walk downstairs. Or better yet just keep it up there til the next baby.

Anonymous said...

Since you are shopping for living milk bags, here is a bit of information I found on wikipedia.com. This way you might find a more convenient animal to fit in your living space.

In addition to cows, the following animals provide milk used by humans for dairy products:

·Sheep (the ewe)
·Goats (the nanny)
·Buffalo
·Horses (the mare)
·Donkeys
·Camels (including the South American camelids)
·Yaks
·Water buffalo
·Reindeer
·Zebra [1]

In Russia and Sweden, small moose dairies also exist.[4] Donkey and horse milk have the lowest fat content, while milk of seals contains more than 50% fat.[5]